Easily Create a Beautiful Waterfall
The TetraPond Waterfall Filter allows to you to easily create a beautiful waterfall for your pond. This easy-to-assemble filter provides both mechanical and biological filtration and can be easily hidden with rocks and pond decoration. Benefits of the TetraPond Waterfall filter include increased aeration for your pond and cleaner and healthier pond water.
- Waterfall disappears into landscape
- Use with pumps between 500 and 4500 gallons per hour
- Use with 1 in. or 1 ¼ in. ID tubing
How it Works
- Pond water is pumped into the bottom of the filter.
- Water rises upwards through a fiber mat, which traps suspended dirt and debris.
- Water flows through lava rock or TetraPond Bio-activators (not included) where beneficial bacteria naturally colonizes to convert harmful pollutants into relatively harmless nitrates.
- Water exits the filter via an extra-long spillway to create a waterfall. Ridges on the underside of the spillway prevent dripping.
Pond water is pumped into the bottom of the filter. It rises upwards through a fiber mat, which traps suspended dirt and debris.
Biological Filtration – Lava Rock or bio-media in Mesh Bag
Beneficial bacteria will naturally colonize on the rough surfaces of the lava rock or other bio-media (not included) and convert harmful pollutants in the pond water into relatively harmless nitrates. Nitrates are absorbed by aquatic plants and can also be removed from the pond through partial water changes. This process is known as the nitrogen cycle.
TetraPond’s new open-profile bio-activators offer a superior filtration performance over closed bio-media and lava rock. These bio-activators have been perfected and used in the commercial aquaculture industry where demanding filtration is required due to extreme environmental conditions. The advanced technological design of the bio-activators provides a large active surface area for the beneficial bacteria to colonize.
More Great Pond Products
Quickly and easily creates beautiful waterfalls